Omgasl

Omgasl (https://omgasl.com/index.php)
-   101st General Discussion (https://omgasl.com/forumdisplay.php?f=580)
-   -   Where is everyone? (https://omgasl.com/showthread.php?t=17983)

Explosive 22-06-2005 08:41 PM

Where is everyone?

I never see anyone from 101st in the GA BF2 servers... Where and when do you guys play?

Jantar 23-06-2005 08:12 PM

I haven't been in the GA servers much actually - though I've only played a little bit thus far :P. I'll have a look around. Oh yes, I don't have a [101st] in front of my name (d'oh) so I'm just Jantar these days.

I've been in ranked servers only to date (cuts down the scanning that sucker has to do - plus I'm such a ranker) though I might give un-ranked a go and see if it improves the lag I've been getting.

SuperSammo 24-06-2005 01:11 PM

I believe ranking works on #3....

Secret insider info hax...

Personally I play on any with slots, because at prime time its chockers.

Jantar 25-06-2005 02:38 PM

Yeah, I know. Though GA seems worse than most, hence I am generally located on other Aussie servers. Just browse by ping generally. Yeah, I've seen and been on the GA ranked servers.

Internode's taken a fair going over from me (proportionally - as my total game time is in the order of 3-4 hours :p).

I did see Stargate and Scorch on the other night, but couldn't join their server :( We should set up a time where we can all descend (in all our glory) on a particular server.

Anyone know how much bandwidth this game takes up? Are there going to be many protests if its a non-GA server? I'd love to play with some dedicated teammates one of these days.

I like the medals/ribbons though! Must play a bit more and get my aerial stats up to scratch. Got a basic aviator medal and aerial ribbon the other night amongst others. My self worth is growing exponentially! ;)

Explosive 25-06-2005 08:50 PM

Ive been playing on Internode mostly, since it gives best results.

And what are we going to do with people who dont have clan tags on? What if I decide to leave 101st and join LT, will I have to register a new account?

iTzA mE mArIo 25-06-2005 10:35 PM

wen ppl play they should just jump on ts2 .. and ye .. creating a time/day would be sick .... mmmmmmmmmm

Jantar 26-06-2005 07:23 PM

Damn internode keeps booting me for "excessive packet loss". Piece of carp!

The Xtra servers are good now though.

Gawain 26-06-2005 10:44 PM

Hi Guy's I'm trying to make a come back. I heard ADSL is avaliable in my area so i'll be looking into getting it shortly
I've only been on the GA 32 player *ranked* servers

Explosive 27-06-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantar
Damn internode keeps booting me for "excessive packet loss". Piece of carp!

Ive been getting that too, I thought it was just me... Hmm, a choice between lag on GA and booting on 'Node... I think Ill try Xtra :p

Gawain 27-06-2005 06:15 PM

I've been getting alot of HDD thrashing

SuperSammo 27-06-2005 10:58 PM

defrag/RAID 0

Jantar 27-06-2005 10:59 PM

I think it does it to lotsa people Explo... I see people being "disappeared" (highly NKVD) all the time in there - before I follow in their footsteps.

On a positive note - I finally met up with Scorch online tonight. Wheeee! Lots of fun was had by all (I believe - I did anyway :P). We should do this more often!

XcoR 29-06-2005 12:07 AM

omfg t3h pikaSUNIKU!%?!?$ !

er.. yeah hey everyone! long time no spam/see... i agree with the ts2 idea, make it alot easier seeing all the servers are long named and annoying.
What are ya'll e-mails again?

SuperSammo 29-06-2005 12:08 AM

Dust off ts, fire up ye old channel and give it a bash :) (or even use the ingame VOIP)

mmmm. Shiny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantar
NKVD

is that like DNKY or something? Donkey Kongy?

Paryniux 29-06-2005 12:32 AM

I got me a Marlin! Or at least a Basic Anti-tank award and Basic Armor award or something. Oh, and some other 'Good fighting' award or something. Takes so long for a promotion... as I've mentioned, I wanna be a Spec Op/Anti-tank guy. But, as usual, I can do the all round thing. Fear my guided missile and trusty C4.

Oh, and I play on GA server mostly.

SuperSammo 29-06-2005 12:34 AM

heh; you realise the MEC rocket is direct fire?

I sniped a guy on the Dam map today from a mile away with the SRAW :P winnar for Sammo!

Explosive 02-07-2005 09:47 PM

Its bloody annoying how AT rockets are used to snipe infantry. Sure its fun to DO it, but a good AT guy can rape repeatedly. They shouldnt get a kill unless its a direct hit... baaaah.

Ive got two Medic awards, one Squad Leader award, Lance Corporal with medic-gun upgrade.

I assume we wont be able to use upgrades in clan games?

XcoR 03-07-2005 06:07 PM

I've got basic chopper award, basic anti tank award and a silver and bronze.. that's it... but i own in the chopper =D