Thread: TO: Xena
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

itchy - there is css de_prodigy already! it's an EXCELLENT map and is part of the default set - we don play it, it's one of my fav's still

I can put up those map specific files no problem, but would appreciate it if u make them first - cos i don't have time

slaide - fri nights has always been humans vs bots, but with lots of custom maps. I know i hardly use any custom maps since css tho, partly cos there were none for ages after it's release, but mostly because of my chronic lack of time.

it was tue nights that we played public human vs human - we either would converge on a public server on the days of wireplay, or in recent years we used to do public human vs human on servers we have rcon to. More recently, once we lost properly hosted servers that we had rcon to, then we had no option but to use my server on tue nights, and due to bandwidth limitations, it's not suitable for human vs human unless is 4 v 4 max, so we started just doing bots instead.

so if we keep playing on my server, then i think we will need to keep playing human vs bots due to bandwidth limitations. Wrt custom maps, i'm happy to use them more, but need people to suggest was map names they want to play - there's many hundreds of maps on my server already! i also need to link to these maps on my web site so ppl can d/l map packs quickly via that, rather than killing the server. wrt to zombie hordes or any non standard config, i like em all, but try to do what the majority want. i more than happy if ppl want to kick off votes, or suggest certain settings.

I don't get to play enuff as it is, so i would love it if ppl with admin access can change maps and settings, just try to do what the majority want.

lol-i just remembered oro used to change maps on fri nights - going through custom maps, he did a great job and everyone loved it - he was like our map DJ - was a hoot, and took the pressure off me so i liked it even more!

slaide - stay on your soap box, what u say is valid, we just got to figure out how to make it all work best