View Single Post
Old 21-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Elad
so it means 2 hdd on '0' raid can obtain 266Mb/s and if i have 4 hdd on '0' it would be 532Mb/s ***drool***

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha

sorry let me breath

No, you really wouldn't. Modern day HDD's max out at about 30MB/s, SATA, ATA100 or ATA133. So you want to do 4 HDDs? say 100MB/s MAX (not counting for master/slave problems), and the more hdds in there the more chance of the raid collapsing and you losing all your data... go talk to blyth =P

As for video card prices, auspcmarket is good, its a very respectful operation, and is fantastic, although
1. it's in sydney, I always suggest people buy products from their own city so that if you need warranty on the product you don't have massive problems getting it, and the length of time between returning the faulty product and getting a fixed one back is minimal.
2. It can be ALOT more expensive than other stores, in Sydney, there are 3 major online stores, www.eyo.com.au , www.umart.com.au , & www.auspcmarket.com.au some of auspcmarkets products are the same low price as that of eyo & umart, but others are VERY much more expensive.

Shop around the online/retail/markets in Melbourne if your going to buy anything.