View Single Post
Old 21-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Lord_Elad

ROFLMAO! ha ha... ***cough, cough*** geez, I didn't wanna get technical! but...

Pfft! Yes, you are *cough*semi-*cough* right, but! HDD manufactures say that ATA33 has a Thoretical 'Burst' (at end of platter) transfer rate of appox 33Mb per second... (***thinks***erm... SHIT! I cant remember if it was Mega-Bytes or Mega-Bits...shit... but anywhich way I use Mb Im still correct ) and same gose with ATA66, ATA100 and ATA133, or SATA33!!! so Thereticaly if what they say is true, then, I can get 532mb/s under raid '0' with 4 HDD, at the end of a platter at a "burst"

Yes it is true about the 'More HDD you have the fast they will fall' Thats why you need a very good PSU, Identical HDD's (yes, i know, but still, some people can be very stupid somtimes), and make sure you scan for bad sectors atleast one a month, all tho if you were running a small web server (or somthing like that) I would set up 4 HDD's on RAID '0', and a PCI RAID setup, and have another 4 HDD's on RAID (erm, i cant remember, i think it either "1"? "2"? or "5"?) mirroring those 4 HDD's on RAID '0' (and allso having it timed so it backs up the differences, every 10 mins or so.) that way, you can never loose your data, and if you do, it will be very little! But either way, your still right in what you say.

Oero, tell me, whats the difference between, Serial and Parallel?Then explain why Serial is better than parallel, for HDD usage... And if you dont read Atomic, I will be very impressed, if you get it right...

Then after that, put on some glasses, put your finger on your temple, and say that famouse quote from Homer J. Simpson, "The sqaure root of a side on an isosceles triangle equals the square root, of the two remaining sides..."

Oh, and thank you Oreo, for the shopping tips, the'll come in handy some time soon

Plz mind any spelling mistakes, I was in a rush, and was unable to think right.

cheers,
Elad