View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Zero Member (eeek!)

well tasty - i spend some hours testing CPU performance today, and found that mattie's plugins don't use much cpu at all. The problem is when there's about 28 or more slots filled in the server, then CPU usage rises massively! And it seems it doesn't matter if the slot is a bot or a human - the cpu effect is the same. My server used to run 40 or so slots as a max, but now about 28 is the max

and i bought a 2.8Ghz P4 1 yr ago for the server, so it's not getting any more CPU! Also, the cpu usage was running at "0%" before I started the srcds.exe so i closed all unnecessary apps and applets and it could not have been better set for some juicy cs! so, as each patch comes out, valve gets hungrier and hungrier for cpu (well, the game is pretty nice tho isn't it!!!) so i will just have to be careful not to run it so full!

i found today some rough figures for experience on diff maps:
10 slots is about 0 to 1% cpu
16 slots max's at 60%
28 slots max's at 90% and that's when we get really jerky cpu lag

oh, and those mattie plug-ins caused us to FREEZE after a knife kill - couldn't walk or even fire a weapon!!!!! what sort of a reward system is that?!!?!?!? prolly a bug when running syphon and mugmod together? mattie.info is off the air for now due to cyclone wilma stuffing up the web servers