Thread: Photos
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [zero]Remorse
oro, that volunteering sounds like a great idea! Where do u finish the remaining subjects - here or Montana?

Here. I've been keeping myself busy with uni and backcountry skiing here in nsw (another reason why NSW is better than vic, who would have thought ). You can see some more info in my pretty extensive 'anyone interested in going backcountry skiing' thread in the main forum general chat.

But I have big travelling plans. For the short time, I'm going to New York in early december for a few days poking my head around, then on to europe, to meet up with some friends I made in Montana and hopefully catch some great early season snow (I mean, I'm there till 6th Jan, it's gotta snow somewhere in eastern or western europe sometime right!? Both times I've attempted to ski in Europe the conditions have been aweful). But then the really exciting part of my trip. I'm heading off to New Dehli, India where I'll spend a couple of days before heading on up to Kashmir to ski Gulmarg in a backcountry focused tour. Should be pretty special, I mean, how often do you get to ski in the himalayas? not very.

Then next year I'll be training alot at thredbo (I was accepted into the Thredbo Volunteer Ski Patrol). But I really want to get qualified during that season, as at the end of the year (08) I finish my degree, and I want to take advantage of that fabulous new USA work-visa and get a ski patrol job for a season somewhere in the Rockies, USA.

As you can tell, my life is quickly becoming ever more snow-focused! Shame about living at sunny Coogee Beach. If only I could become obsessive about surfing, it would be alot easier!

Last edited by oreo : 20-09-2007 at 12:08 AM.