Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > [zero] Clan Zero > [ Zero ] General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 07-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Location: In a giant shoe, with 9 other children, and an old [crippled] lady.
Attention! Where's Elad?!?

BOO! HERE HE IS!

Hello everyone! esp. zero clan,

Mind my spelling.

- Here's the long story, with pointless stuff in it:

As some of you know, my (old) computer suffed a heart-attack in late September 2002, then it under went a tripple-by-pass but sadly died during surgery. What happed was I overclock my old 600mhtz celeron 102% to the overclocked speed of 1.212ghtz, gad I was impressed with myself... after a few (fast) weeks of speedy goodness I had a BSOD, and then SUDDENLY...... nothing happened, but it happened suddenly mind you! after meny atemps of pushing the power button, I soon realised somthing was wrong, I slid back the case lid and tried to fix my dying beauty. After many hours of fixing, and crying, I soon realised it was Dead, but... I still didn't know what had happened, so i chucked my motherboard out. At this time my step-brother left and I claimed his old 166mhtz compaq deskpro 2100 ***shivers with bad memorys***. After a few months I borrowed my Friend's (pc Guru's) motherboard, pluged in my Cpu and other components, but it didn't start... mean while blowing up my PSU as well... a day later I went back to my friend told him he has a dodgy motherboard, he said other-wise, so I gave him my cpu and ect. He came back to me and said your cpu has shorted, I said, "no it hasn't it's still the same size!" he laughed, I giggled with embarresment, he explained what had happened, and it made sence. He told me that I overclocked it to much and a (or a few) transisitors had been working so fast it had made a bridge between the two of them and thus shorted it, mean while blowing up my NorthBridge, and bios. And I also blew up his Nth bridge, and bios aswell, he asked if i could split the repair bill with him, I did and it was $20, DOH! if I would of known that I would of repaired mine and sold it. During that time I got job at mc'donnalds and save %50 of my wages. Months went by, I couldn't stop them, but over this lengthy and fusterating period of time (stupid Deskpro), I saved up enough money to buy myself a nice new computer (but I wasn't planing it) last sunday, I went to a local swapmeet to get some blank CD-R Media, joy joy, I didn't get my CD's but I did walk away with a nice new computer. I assembled it and started it up, it was like a dream come true. Ahh! finaly I can play games again! Woot... thats the end of the long story, my PC spec's are below.

- Here's the short story, without the crap:

Old PC broke, then got a new PC

Specs are: AMD XP2200+ (1.8ghtz), gigabyte Mobo' (GA-7VRXP rev. 3.0) look it up on the gigabyte website (www.gigabyte.tw), DDR2700 (DDR333, 333mhtz, CAS 2.5, 512mb), Radeon 9100 (overclocked), 20gig HDD space, 48x16x48 LiteOn Burner, 400w PSU.

cost me $620

I have to go now will talk to you all tomorow.

Lord_Elad!
Old 07-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Administrator

/me waves to elad!
You got a AMD! NICE ONE BROTHER!

P.S Change your avatar =D
Old 07-05-2003, 11:02 PM

hey elad. sorry i dont remember/know you
howd u get that PC for $620?!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:54 AM

/me waves back to Lego

Thanks, AMD ROCKS! alltho I want to get a better HSF so i can overclock my CPU. And I want to get other stuff as well such as a DVD player / burner, new sound card, headphones, HDD ATA133 (for my RAID133 0)... um... um... I can't think... LoL Brother....

I have a head cold, thats why I can't think...

Dark Flash, I dont remember you as well, what clan are you with? Sorry um... the motherboard, CPU, memory, PSU, and Videocard cost me $620. I had the other stuff allready.

Shite bell has gone, gotta go to class.

Elad
Old 08-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Gone Skiing
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

ELAD!

You want to overclock your cpu...
Learn from your mistakes, you fried your cpu (thats what was wrong with your comp), and now you want to risk it again, and this time on an XP....

LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES

Dark Flash is a zero member, relatively new.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Thau

Celeron 600mhz to 1.2 ghz...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even think of overclocking the athlon without asking people who have done it....

600mhz celeron to 1.2 ghz without water cooling...

/thau falls off chair laughing
Old 08-05-2003, 12:48 PM

yeh im with zero, 2nd newest
Old 08-05-2003, 01:09 PM

~OREO!~

Oreo you sound like my brother (Ripper) but still respect your advice. What I am going to do is get the best HSF on the market with some Artic-Silver III, Then go to the Pro's who have had years of overclocking experience, and even then I will not go over the 20% limit.

~THAUmaTURgic~

Yeah I laugh about it to somtimes, alltho, sometimes I cry...

~Dark_Flash~

OK.... well... um.... Welcome to zero, I hope to play you soon.

~Rem~

Where are hiding? also, whats your website addy?

~Everyone else~

I am planing to return to playing CS, I hope to see you all on the severs.

um who do I go to, to get my username and password for the members only area at zero.qgl.org, and also the privert section im the forum?
Old 08-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

elo Elad!!!!! Loooong time no see eh

u sooo need icq and e-mail going - you've prolly missed out on so much news..... like Dark_Flash is a ZERO , and Hero is our newest recruit ("[zero] Hero" - woot!)... and i'm getting married on August 3 this year!

man what a saga bout your pc.... overclocking that much is not wise, unless you've got tons of money and want to see what happens when a cpu fries

my best pc is still that old 866 pIII - still goes ok tho

i've added your forum userid to the access list for the private forum now..... if u can't remember your password to the zero site, then let me know and i'll see if i can reset it for you

where am i hiding? i'm sick atm... at home resting it up with a virus i usually play on ozgl5.ozforces.com:27019 (a few zero's have rcon to it ) on tue and fri nights from around 8:30pm

my webbie is http://williweb.mine.nu, and stick 27015 on the end of that for my bot server - i spam the addresses and passwords of where we play on friday nights (icq)

oh yeah, change your avatar eh - it's lego's

will be great 2 c u back in cs - EXCELLENT

oh, and regarding your lost testicle - my fiancee cut up some wrinkly, dried up fuzzy old chinese gooseberries (incorrectly known as "kiwi fruit") for me last night (she's looking after me well) and.... well..... she looked at them and laughed and well.... i think we found your lost testicle (tasted good but!!! )
Old 08-05-2003, 05:06 PM

hmmm, my UIN is 99110282, anyone who want to add me to their ICQ list plz feel free to do so, or for MSN: [email protected], or for AIM: Lordelad486. Email eh... I have to go see ripper to set me up a POP3 account with Iprimus... then I will update my user profile @ zero.qgl.org.

You taking the vows?! Thats sweet dude! goog luck at you wedding

Lol still using that old 866! EEWWWW! get a new PC... or at least upgrade it! Damn! EWW!

um, I cant remember my password for the zero site... so can you plz reset the password for me plz, then ICQ me....

Your sick?! Again?! you were sick last time I spoke to you.

dose gamespy still work? if it dosen't someone is going to have to tell me how to connect up to servers again. I look forward to playing with all the zero's again, Esp. at the next LAN partys, which the next one is going to be.... when? hopefully be some time soon.

About the Avatar, i'll make my own soon then get the admins to load it up for me

You ate my testical! you b4st3rd! ***slaps you then walks away***

hehehehe.

talk to you l8ter i have homework to do
Old 08-05-2003, 05:28 PM

i still use gamespy
works fine for me
Old 08-05-2003, 10:42 PM
It's not a glass of MILK!

Elad,

PLEASE dont overclock. Its just not worth it.

You will not see any improvement on the performance.

Half-Life dosent use anywhere near 1/2 the power of that +2200 AMD chip.

Honestly, ur asking for trouble!

Every so often I get a bug to try it, then I remember all the windows BSD "Blue screen of Death" errors and change it back.

Enjoy ur new PC and remember how many junior burgers you flipped and all the drunk idiots you served to by that PC.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Thau

Use All-Seeing Eye Server Browser... not GaySpy. ASE is much much better.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Oi Rem - where's my invite for the wedding!
Old 09-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

Thau - Denied!

=P
Old 09-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

lol bly - nice post, and so true! i o/c my video card, and with a nice fan on it ($2.50) i get a lots more fps out of it, and i've o/c'ed cpu's a bit in the past with success - but the time factor to do all that is huge, so these days i leave it pretty much alone (cept i do need to upgrade the 866 at some stage, but i got no $$$ to do it )

lol thau - an invite? you're up in QLD!!!!! (and so is my fiancee's family, and they r coming down ) if u come down, i'll see what i can arrange

/Rem grabs the box under the stairwell with Elad in it, and prepares it for a seat for thau

BTW - all ZERO's are invited to the wedding service (and yes, i checked with my lady and she said that would be great! ) Aug 3 in the dandenongs - more details will come later

Elad, u can load up own avatar - go here http://forum.ozclans.com/member.php?...n=editoptions, it's under avatar at the bottom, u can upload your own

Yep, i sick again - just a virus this time, no big deal, not like glandular fever over the last 2 yrs - i'm not 100% yet from that, but a heap better - will take maybe another year or 2 to be 100% from what the doc and ppl that have had it before tell me

Elad, i tried changing your password now, but the ZERO site was down (maybe Lego was playing, or the QGL server was dead, i dunno but will try next week)
Old 09-05-2003, 06:37 PM

*Cough*

AMD ROX

=D

Slaide
Old 09-05-2003, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by [zero]Remorse
BTW - all ZERO's are invited to the wedding service (and yes, i checked with my lady and she said that would be great! ) Aug 3 in the dandenongs - more details will come later

Dude.. That's like a $120 cab fair from the nearest town.. But if someone is going to arrange a get together with all the boys I might be persuaded to part with some $$$ to come on over.

Slaide
Old 10-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Administrator

If the zero site is down, its Ausgamers problem
Im in the middle of moving the whole thing to OzClans Webhosting.
Old 14-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

yep slaide - it's about $80 from the airport to my place. I'd pick u up normally, but not on my wedding day!!!!

Lego - will the zero site url change? FTP permissions, etc?