Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > 101st Delta Squadron > 101st General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-04-2004, 12:14 PM
101st's Bitch
Default Er a little help please

Can someone please do this essay for me? Its due tommorow and i had an 18th last night and cbfed doing it.

"Choose one particular element in the external environment and discuss and analyses its impact on the managerial roles of planning and decision making."

Its only goota be 1500 words, you need 3 journal references and 2 textbook references which i can provide for you.

Ive already done the start or a draft, so if someone could just do that next 1000 words then edit it and make it sound good and shit? thanks in advance.

-------------------------

<H1><U>Introduction

[subliminal message]Press Ctrl + W Now[/subliminal message]
Old 04-04-2004, 12:26 PM
101st's Bitch

Introduction

Every organisation operates within the external environment- that is, a wide variety of factors external to the organisation that are outside of the manager’s control (Barrille & Cameron, 2002). These factors strongly influence the role of management, as they often have significant potential to affect an organisations performance in any field (Robbins, Bergman, Stagg and Coulter, 2003). A summary of some of the elements of the external environment can be observed in Figure 1.1.
Two areas in which these elements impact are planning and decision-making. Planning is the process of defining goals, establishing strategies with the purpose of achieving these goals and developing sets of plans to co-ordinate resources to this task (Robbins et al., 2003). This is a vital task for all management, as is that of decision-making, the process of selecting a course of action to take in any situation where there is a choice available to be made.

The sociocultural element of the external environment is one that has a profound and varied range of affects on planning and decision-making. This essay will examine some of the impacts culture has on these two management roles.

Culture in the Sociocultural Environment

Culture, as an idea, is quite difficult to define because of the wide variation of opinions about what it is. A general description is given by Eriksen (2001) as ‘those abilities, notions and forms of behaviour persons have acquired as members of society’. However, the notion of culture is itself influenced by the culture of the society in which it is thought about, making it broad and easily malleable. The work of Geert Hofstede (1980, as cited in Chong & Park, 2003) in his Model of Cultural Dimensions has helped to create a set of criteria that were primarily used to measure countries based on shared characteristics but can also be used as a means to describe elements of a culture.

These dimensions are as follow (Chong & Park, 2003):

<I>

Old 04-04-2004, 12:27 PM
101st's Bitch

er there is more but it doesnt seem to want to come in

oh well use your imagination and then continue on with it

Old 04-04-2004, 03:50 PM

One particular element: Shareholder's opinions.

Typical managerial response: Kneejerk reactions.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Location: Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, Sol System, Eastern Spiral Arm, Mi

um...say llamas...something...something about llamas...and pinapples...and lettuce mashers...

<This is also an unsolicited post brought to you by a member of the 101st Oily Food Lovers Association>

Old 04-04-2004, 06:32 PM
101st's Bitch

dont worry, ive finished it. its shithouse, but its done.

phew, whole bunch of pressure LIFTED!

nothing due in the foreseeable future!

w00t, time to slack off again

Old 04-04-2004, 11:35 PM

I don't think I ever handed anything in a form of an essay in my life. I never got asked to do one at school. I got NFI how to do one oO
Old 05-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Guacamole

All you do is supply 10 pages of references to make it look like you've done a lot of work, along with a few pages of stating the obvious, and you have yourself an A++ essay.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Manhole Cleaner

That's good....

....If you go to a uni that counts Quotes and References towards the word count. Most don't.

I like birds and trees cause I'm fruity!