Go Back   Omgasl > Misc Forums > Forum Request/Queries
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:46 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL
help! banned

ok, im not sure where this goes, sorry if its the wrong section

so yea, i just went to join ozgl5 but it said i was banned, im not sure why, but could i please be unbanned my wonid is

if ya could please tell me why that would be great

Cheers
Old 10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
King of Coke

get rid of your hacks and you wont be banned.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:19 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL
General

lol u gotta be shittin me? wtf, plz, if i hack what proof is it that you have?
Old 10-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Huh?

there is no proof ...and you say you didnt ban him so keep your opinions professional and not stupid
Old 10-05-2003, 05:42 PM
King of Coke

Look at it from our perspective.

With the amount of people being caught cheating on our servers recently, anyone who asks why they were banned are suspicious until it can be proven that they havent done anything wrong.

I dont know who banned you, it certainly wasnt me. It also wasn't anyone from our gameop team, because a report has not been filed in our private forum. I can look into it, but I'm guessing it was another karma user on a power trip. To take it further post in the karma forums @ ozforums.com
Old 10-05-2003, 05:47 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL
General

http://www.ozsn.com/pnews.php?page=adminguideline

Detect the cheat. If you are suspicious of a player, begin demoing and record their movements in battle. DO NOT ACCUSE. Accusing someone using general chat will cause damage - especially if they are not cheating.

DO NOT ACCUSE. Accusing someone using general chat will cause damage - especially if they are not cheating.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Bored and Lonely

WARMeNtAL thankyou for you criticism, however you must have been banned for a reason, and it wasnt by cokester, so stop your petty little insults, OZGL gameops totally different to standard admins.

Majority of people asking to be unbanned come in and ask another gameop who didnt ban them to unban them cause it was a mistake or something like that. I trust implicitly all gameops and respect what decisions they make.

The other reason you could've been banned is because you attempted to hack the rcon pass, and it detects this, and ban's your ip address indefinately.

Either way, wether an admin believes you cheat, or because you tried to hack/guess the rcon password, you have been no longer welcomed on the server, and threatening to get a gameop banned by taking it higher will only make you even less liked.

Have a nice day
Old 10-05-2003, 05:58 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL

i wasnt threatening him i asked as to why i was banned and he told me "get rid of your hacks and you wont be banned." he doesent have any right to acuse meof hacking, and yes there are many reason as to why i may of been banned but why did he resort to calling me a hacker?
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Bored and Lonely

Because to get banned, you must've been highly suspected of using them, or tried guessing the rcon password.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL

highly suspected eh, well in that case where is the demo proof?
Old 10-05-2003, 06:09 PM
King of Coke

We've just told you that we dont know who banned you, and we're pretty sure it wasnt one of us. So we can't help you any further.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:11 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL

thats ok, but the reason im arguing with you is for the fact that you called me a hacker without no proof regardless of wether your really stressed at the moment due to the increasing ammount of hackers
Old 10-05-2003, 06:12 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL
General

Quote:
Originally posted by Shambler
Because to get banned, you must've been highly suspected of using them, or tried guessing the rcon password.

they are not the only reasons why people get banned, stop using hacking as a reason
Old 11-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Lego blows. True story.

WARMeNtAL - GROW THE FUCK UP.

Get it through your thick fucking skull that it was NOT one of the OZClans admins who banned you. Go and take your complaining elsewhere. The fact that you are getting so defensive about the whole hacking situation makes me think you are actually hacking. Get over it. There are PLENTY of other CS servers out there for you to get banned from. Go and terrorise them.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:11 PM
OzFORCES MeNtAL
General

does this have anything to do witth you, no, so stfu and keep ur fuckin face outta others business, i also didnt say that any ozgl admin banned me, but that they keep mentionioning hackin as a reason for being banned. doesent matter no more anyways im gettin unbanned
Old 11-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Administrator
General

Okay, to clear this up. Warmental, this is a forum for forum requests and judging by this post, it is not about a forum request.

Second of all, if you were banned, then you were banned. All OzGL gameops are respectable people who have responsibilities and if they banned you, then your banned. Theres no mucking around with us.

If you still think you were banned unfairly, I suggest you take it up in the correct forum which is located here: http://www.ozforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1569

This thread is closed and needs no more discussion.
Closed Thread