Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > [zero] Clan Zero > [ Zero ] General Chat
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Location: In a giant shoe, with 9 other children, and an old [crippled] lady.
Attention! Where's Elad?!?

BOO! HERE HE IS!

Hello everyone! esp. zero clan,

Mind my spelling.

- Here's the long story, with pointless stuff in it:

As some of you know, my (old) computer suffed a heart-attack in late September 2002, then it under went a tripple-by-pass but sadly died during surgery. What happed was I overclock my old 600mhtz celeron 102% to the overclocked speed of 1.212ghtz, gad I was impressed with myself... after a few (fast) weeks of speedy goodness I had a BSOD, and then SUDDENLY...... nothing happened, but it happened suddenly mind you! after meny atemps of pushing the power button, I soon realised somthing was wrong, I slid back the case lid and tried to fix my dying beauty. After many hours of fixing, and crying, I soon realised it was Dead, but... I still didn't know what had happened, so i chucked my motherboard out. At this time my step-brother left and I claimed his old 166mhtz compaq deskpro 2100 ***shivers with bad memorys***. After a few months I borrowed my Friend's (pc Guru's) motherboard, pluged in my Cpu and other components, but it didn't start... mean while blowing up my PSU as well... a day later I went back to my friend told him he has a dodgy motherboard, he said other-wise, so I gave him my cpu and ect. He came back to me and said your cpu has shorted, I said, "no it hasn't it's still the same size!" he laughed, I giggled with embarresment, he explained what had happened, and it made sence. He told me that I overclocked it to much and a (or a few) transisitors had been working so fast it had made a bridge between the two of them and thus shorted it, mean while blowing up my NorthBridge, and bios. And I also blew up his Nth bridge, and bios aswell, he asked if i could split the repair bill with him, I did and it was $20, DOH! if I would of known that I would of repaired mine and sold it. During that time I got job at mc'donnalds and save %50 of my wages. Months went by, I couldn't stop them, but over this lengthy and fusterating period of time (stupid Deskpro), I saved up enough money to buy myself a nice new computer (but I wasn't planing it) last sunday, I went to a local swapmeet to get some blank CD-R Media, joy joy, I didn't get my CD's but I did walk away with a nice new computer. I assembled it and started it up, it was like a dream come true. Ahh! finaly I can play games again! Woot... thats the end of the long story, my PC spec's are below.

- Here's the short story, without the crap:

Old PC broke, then got a new PC

Specs are: AMD XP2200+ (1.8ghtz), gigabyte Mobo' (GA-7VRXP rev. 3.0) look it up on the gigabyte website (www.gigabyte.tw), DDR2700 (DDR333, 333mhtz, CAS 2.5, 512mb), Radeon 9100 (overclocked), 20gig HDD space, 48x16x48 LiteOn Burner, 400w PSU.

cost me $620

I have to go now will talk to you all tomorow.

Lord_Elad!