Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > 101st Delta Squadron > Off-Topic Discussion
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Guacamole
Default A little thing called life...

First of all, this is gonna be a rant.. so if you dont want to read a big pile of steaming turd, dont continue past this sentence.

Why me? Why is it that everyone else that arent doing IT at uni having a struggling time learning and with workload, whilst I and my friends are bored out of our minds learning stuff I've known since late highschool.

Today I had four classes... First was math, woop de fucking do. Statistics are fun. Lets learn probability again, or perhaps linear equations. All I got out of that class was the inside of my eyelids as I fell asleep out of boredom. / Sammo leaves the classroom.

Next I have three hours in a row off. Fan-tastic. I can bludge around uni for three hours with zilch to do. Even the internet can only provide so much entertainment. I must have been to www.bored.com and www.pointlesswasteoftime.com several times today, let alone this week.

Three hours finally pass and I manage to pull myself off to the next class. Database Design. Now have you ever had an Indian teacher that you just for love nor money cant understand. Or perhaps the teacher that spends half the lesson recapping the last lesson, and covers the new material so slow you can read slides and learn more. Meet the guy with both. Hes about 40 and died his hair red, then craps on about how great databases are and how he can fly back to india tommorow if he wanted. Hurrah? Now tell us again how it relates to EERs, or SQL. TEACH US SOMETHING DAMNIT!

Last lesson, Object Oriented Programming, to which Regular programming is the prerequisite. For the last few weeks all we have learnt is java code, and special methods for objects. Again, woop de fucking do. And guess what the test the other day was on? regular programming. The entire mid semester test (bar 1-2 qns) was on nested for loops. Hurrah. Why did I have to do the prerequisite again? Again the lecturer is another middle aged indian man who covers everything too slow /Me walks out 20 minutes in.

So we head down to the bar. The single most interesting thing at the uni. All the pool tables are taken, and I realised I was driving home so I couldnt drink. Ah well. Hang around and talk for two hours. Turns out to be the best reason to turn up all day.

The funny thing is, I pay to go to uni. Looks like they are smarter than we thought.

//end rant.

oh and anyone looking to waste more time... this article is done rather well