Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > [zero] Clan Zero > [ Zero ] General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 26-10-2002, 08:13 PM
It's not a glass of MILK!
General Its time I took a big step BACK

Guys,

I have been considering very seriously about my role in the clan.

I have decided to take a big step back into the INACTIVE ranks.

I will no longer use the SAMUARI tag.

I dont get any enjoyment from CS any more and I dont play on GA servers.

If you want to blame anyone for my decision its the growing number of cheaters and what seems to be little action by the admins of servers to control them.

I will also have to resign my task as the organiser of GA Ladder wars. I dont think it fair for me to organise these wars if im not going to be active in the clans' training and most other nights then its not right for me to continue to control this. So, I have deregistered myself in the GA CS Ladder.

With the current state of CS, i dont see myself ever comming back to it in any real capacity.

i did consider leaving the clan, but felt that was a little rash, so I leave it up to you guys to figure out the new set-up.

I beleive that the clan needs lots more new members, I can see that another 10 would be about right.

Best of luck.....

Blyth OUT.
Old 26-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

As always im on a "call only if desperatly needed" basis...

Considering for tonight war were we could only muster 2 ppl (me and dark flash) im going to be enforcing the above philosphy.
Old 26-10-2002, 08:55 PM
General

they wernt even very good. i got an average of 2 kills each serious round we played when it was just me against all of them. and before we started i killed all 5 of them 5 rounds in a row
Old 26-10-2002, 11:28 PM

Some of us actually do have lives outside of cs.. Saturday nights is always a NO for me and I let doubt know that. I probably should of let you know as well blyth.

I do agree with you though. CS is down the drain. I don't even think 1.6 will bring it back.

Slaide
Old 27-10-2002, 06:23 PM

yer same here, satday night a nono got work :< then friday night, go out wid frens if not , fine play cs sunday .... night is ok to play a big
Old 27-10-2002, 06:35 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
General

Quote:
Originally posted by Instinct
yer same here, satday night a nono got work :< then friday night, go out wid frens if not , fine play cs sunday .... night is ok to play a big

Remember that thread when i talked about being incoherent instinct?
Old 28-10-2002, 07:58 AM

at least u can understand this one ......
Old 28-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

that's v sad bly thanks heaps for all the work you've put in to the GA ladder wars and in playing a lead role for the clan It has been great

I feel the same bly, and I'm going INACTIVE too. I just don't have the time to give it justice and my CS skills are embarassing (pls don't say "what skills" - lol!!) I'll still be around from time to time, and on forums and stuff, but not playing CS properly. I'll still do attendance web page if ppl give me the info. As for Friday night fun - I'll see how that goes, but I may not ressurect it. It hasn't been fun for me for some time, just became a chore. When DD got rebuilt and we lost everything it that I'd set up on it, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

i suggest then that unless somebody wants to take over bly's role in organising GA ladder wars that we withdraw from the ladder. We're having difficulty in getting enuff ppl to play, and sadly I see we foreited on the weekend So if ppl do want to keep warring, then I agree we'll need a lot more new players (10 sounds good to me too).

cheers bly and good luck guys
Old 28-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Gone Skiing
yes

^_^ just play the ACA wars / organised games not the ladder, if you want to play in the GA ladder, go join a clan on the side thats does GA (but your in zero still remember BITCHES?!)
Old 28-10-2002, 07:07 PM

good idea
Old 28-10-2002, 07:41 PM

how can a straw break a camels back?
Old 29-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

lol - it's an expression DF

if the camel already had a max load of straws on it's back and was struggling - adding even one more would make it collapse!
Old 29-10-2002, 06:49 PM

why would a camel carry straw?

Slaide
Old 29-10-2002, 07:56 PM

im with slaide! who is with me!
so im with me!
Old 29-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Initiate

I think that with the prevalence of cheaters on most servers C.S is becoming a waste of time and if they don’t figure out a way to reduce this it will be the end of C.S. On a personal note in past months a have only enjoyed Friday nights were playing with mates has been great fun but alas it to has been upset by dodgy game play from people I have never heard of. With the just lack of interest from key members that I enjoy playing with, my enthusiasm fly’s straight the window.

Could this @#$% be the end of something we all really enjoyed?

The only people I hold responsible are the chicken shit cock smokers that flood our servers and cheatzoor.
Old 29-10-2002, 09:39 PM

Cyrus... I can't speak for Rem, but I believe he is going to put the required stuff back onto the DD server (within a few weeks), hopefully I can help with this REM!!!.

We should be able to start Friday nights again. This time it will ONLY be [zero] and [zit] members. We had too much of this lets just open the server up to any "cock smokers" around.

If any [zero] disagrees with this then speak up now!! So just relax, kick back for a little while (revitalize the body) and come back ready for an all new "Friday night FUN".

Slaide
Old 29-10-2002, 09:44 PM

Maybe I'm just too nice by nature, and totally unsuspecting, but apart from a couple of extremely obvious cheats (Silverfish probably remembers the classic Aztec guy), I tend to get owned by players that just seem good. Sometimes it's bs, sure, I certainly throw my own lot into the fan at times, but I cannot say with any certainty that people are cheating on GA servers.

What makes you guys so sure?

As for Friday nights in a few weeks - woot

Doubt :satan:
Old 29-10-2002, 10:26 PM
It's not a glass of MILK!
General

Doubt, I have played CS since beta 6(Or earlier cant remember now). Im sure that some of the mofos that kill me are just fkn good.

But there is just too much BS compaird to when each version is released. There is like a 2 week period that the game is a fair and level playing field.

At my best, Im a 2 kill player. At my worst, Im a 1.2 player.

I do know when Im playing well, but to hit the GA servers its just a joke. The majority of Admins on GA dont play much anymore, so its a cheaters heaven. Its one or two that ruin the game.
Old 29-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
General

Quote:
Originally posted by [zero] Blyth
Doubt, I have played CS since beta 6(Or earlier cant remember now).

PENIS LENGHT FIGHTS
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Rofl...

Iv been playing since beta 2,
no wait 1,
no wait 0!!!

lol...
saying that i did play beta 1, and who remembers 2? it was sponsored by Wireplay (gamearena) it even had the gamearena logo on the loaidng pic.
Old 30-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Zero Member (eeek!)

aaah.. it's great that u guys enjoyed the friday night fun. For me it became not fun when we started to take the game seriously on friday nights. There were too many ppl, and then we had to get rid of bots, or play "sensibly" and yeah there were ppl that I didn't know that came in and then there was all that argy bargy over "let's get rid of the bots and play some proper human vs human". If u want to play "proper" then maybe GA is the go IMO. Friday nights were fun for me when it was custom maps, friends, bots, whacky server settings - lol NOT sensible play! ahahha Those really late nights we used to have with friends and bots were just sooo much fun for me!!!!

In the light of what you guys are saying I think we should close the server to invitees only - but I personally would still like to invite friends and not just ZERO's. Also inviting ppl that express interest in joining zero - so we can see what they're like.

I'll try and get the server rdy for next week Friday - if I can get it all rdy during next Tuesday night.

FYI, the ppl that i used to invite were all the ZERO's, and also ppl like Torment, SilverScope, CloseTheDoor, Cokester, Cookie Monster, Dante, Gomer, TISM, Dirty Harry, ICE, Brains, Brother Kid, Notion, Kris (ex-Celsius), Lemming, Liquid Silver, Maximus, RzA, Shady, TomJoad, Shazbot, and a few others - all those ppl wanted to get the invites.

So what do ppl want? ZERO's only - or trusted friends as well?
Old 30-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Initiate

You have hit the nail on the head for me Rem !!!!!

Bring it on pacman with low grav and oddly colored players !!!

BTW. I think that Zero’s Zit’s and trusted friends are fine just as long as the password isn’t leaked out for all and sundry.
Old 30-10-2002, 01:19 PM

ahem. just remember to keep the mods and stuff to the BARE MINIMUM needed. Disk space is limited and I am still highly suspicious about these mods contributing to server instability.
Old 30-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Gone Skiing
yes
General

Quote:
Originally posted by [zero]Remorse
aaah.. it's great that u guys enjoyed the friday night fun. For me it became not fun when we started to take the game seriously on friday nights. There were too many ppl, and then we had to get rid of bots, or play "sensibly" and yeah there were ppl that I didn't know that came in and then there was all that argy bargy over "let's get rid of the bots and play some proper human vs human". If u want to play "proper" then maybe GA is the go IMO. Friday nights were fun for me when it was custom maps, friends, bots, whacky server settings - lol NOT sensible play! ahahha Those really late nights we used to have with friends and bots were just sooo much fun for me!!!!

In the light of what you guys are saying I think we should close the server to invitees only - but I personally would still like to invite friends and not just ZERO's. Also inviting ppl that express interest in joining zero - so we can see what they're like.

I'll try and get the server rdy for next week Friday - if I can get it all rdy during next Tuesday night.

FYI, the ppl that i used to invite were all the ZERO's, and also ppl like Torment, SilverScope, CloseTheDoor, Cokester, Cookie Monster, Dante, Gomer, TISM, Dirty Harry, ICE, Brains, Brother Kid, Notion, Kris (ex-Celsius), Lemming, Liquid Silver, Maximus, RzA, Shady, TomJoad, Shazbot, and a few others - all those ppl wanted to get the invites.

So what do ppl want? ZERO's only - or trusted friends as well?

Some of those people i would rather not attend.... infact may stop me from attending...
Old 30-10-2002, 02:42 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

yay cyrus!!!

oro... msg me who u'd rather not invite eh

mud..... the server has had prob's of late even after the rebuild - and i haven't touched the config or loaded anything at all. I've been msg'ed a couple of times cos DD was crashing on every map change... it was doing that quite a while ago too..... i got no idea why... i'll be loading the stuff that we talked about hopefully next week and msg u when we use the mod's so u can check the system out and reboot it ta muchly mud
Old 30-10-2002, 07:01 PM

Zero and Zit's and potential zits only.

Slaide
Old 30-10-2002, 09:03 PM

i like human vs human more than bots, but i agree to have all the fun settings on like fun maps, low grav, etc...
i personally find it funner when im killing my friends than when im killing non-people with my friends
Old 30-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Initiate

WOOT 4 Friday Nights !!! )
Old 30-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Initiate

that should have been a BIG smile above
Old 30-10-2002, 11:52 PM

OMFG.. Cyrus you spammer..

Slaide
Old 31-10-2002, 06:03 PM
General

Quote: