Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > [zero] Clan Zero > [ Zero ] General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 19-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Lord_Elad
Default Zero Carnage Day

Ok, I have some variables about the zero lan day...

***cough***rem sugested it***cough***

Venue:

If it were at my place, down at coldstream, it would only be for one day say about 7:30am to 1am? and i cant realy . And I only have a 56k modem, so grupe internet gaming would be a problem....

We could have it at a scout hall... and make it a large Lan, say about 20 - 50 people? and we could spend the night out there. But things would get complexed, eg. networking, food providing, charging for the venue, heating and ect.....

Networking:

I ownly have a 5 port router, with 2 ports left, and limited amounts of cabeling.... so someone is gonna have to help me with that.... ***me looks at rem***

Food:

Food.... erm..... i could lash out 50 bucks or so to get drinks and stuff..... but you would have to tell me what to get, because i dont know what you like. you'd have you bring some money around to pay for some take away food. just incase your wondering, there's macca's , pizza + pasta, KFC, chinese food ***eerr, dog***, noodle bar, more macca's and that about it, and a few supermarkets, so if you want to buy some food there we can come back, and i'll cook it for ya.

Other:

We could even have a bbq at lunch time, so people without a mobial pc ***me thinks of Cray90's*** can come and socialize. but people would have to bring some meat allong, because lets face it im only 15 and on a tight budget.

um... any other things i think about i'll discus later... Questions are welcome.
Old 19-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Random like a True Zero!

can someone shout me a plane ride ???
Old 19-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Lord_Elad

Sure Hero, just let me transfer some money into your bank accout, 2 grand will do it?!?! was that a yes?!? Good......

*comes back a bit l8ter after trying to transfer money across to your account*

Errrm, soz i only have $22 in there, and it wont let me go below zero *chucklz* sorry dude your gonna have to walk!
Old 19-07-2003, 09:48 PM
King of Coke

Have another BBQ somewhere closer to civilisation on a day when it doesnt rain
Old 19-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Lord_Elad

lol, coke! my coldstream 'hole', is in the melbourne metro.... just! it's right on the border.

And my BBQ here is an absolute beast, and it's undercover, so is the outside eating area.
Old 19-07-2003, 11:32 PM

where's coldstream? like .... which train station is it closest to ...
Old 20-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Lord_Elad

Lillydale, instinct, if you walk from there it's about a 45 min to 65 mins trip to my place, why do you need to know? if your thinking of public transport well, erm... we can arrange something...

*note* i just timed how long it took for me the start up a game of cs, from the time i pressed 'Create' till the console poping up, it took me 3.5618 seconds! w00t! my box is a beast!
Old 20-07-2003, 11:50 AM
SilverScope
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

OOOHHH!! KFC!! i can get you discount

lillydale is ages away, but its the train line closest to me! so
Old 20-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Lord_Elad

Kool, silver! i could probaly get you all a discount at Lillydale Macca's do you know why?! I work there! but it could range from %10 - %50 if they let me use it

And why are people catching public transport for? wont it be weird taking your pc on a train, or bus? or are you just coming for the bbq? (if we have one)
Old 20-07-2003, 01:50 PM
SilverScope
yes

if i come it'll be just for the food, family pc they wont let me take it outa the house stupidos!
Old 20-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Lord_Elad

hmm.... ***me thinks*** Silver, how old are you? shouldn't you be able to buy your own PC?!?!

Im 15, and i recently brought an AMD 2200+, GA-7VRXP, a stick of DDR333 (512mb), a 400w PSU, and a ATI Radeon 9100 for about $600 (out of my own money)

and about 2 weeks ago I got a black Thermaltake, Xaser III, Super tower series w/ HardCano 9 and w/ 7 case fans (total of 13 fans) and thats for $285 and it totaly kicks ass! http://www.thermaltake.com/products/.../v1000plus.htm <--- Thats my case exactly
Old 20-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Random like a True Zero!

:bang:
not fair i want your pc
i have a 2000+, soltek mB (carn't remember witch one of hand), 256 MB ddr266, 80 gig seagate HDD, 17" Moniter, 5.1 creative sound card and creative inspire 5100 speakers, lite on dvd rom, Diamond Data 48*40*12 CDRW, and a cheap case (from what ever money i had left over) all up $1500. only prob is i have no cooling so it has a problem of over heating . so i got side panel of but its full of dust
Old 20-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Lord_Elad

What?! your's has better Perhelia though.... and isn't like your pc is $hit anyways....

***crys*** I wish I had your HDD! in only have a 10gig (UDMA), 4gig (UDMA), and a 5gig (DMA) and on my mobo, I have the abilitys of the normal IDE controler (Pri, and Sec) which is 'ATA133', and allso an intergrated Promise *Dual* Raid '0', and '1', which is allso 'ATA133', so it means 2 hdd on '0' raid can obtain 266Mb/s and if i have 4 hdd on '0' it would be 532Mb/s ***drool***
Old 20-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Random like a True Zero!

i would drool if i understood hahahaha

na i know what raid is and shit just nothin technical
Old 20-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Lord_Elad

Good! because I have seen you geek score, and you wouldn't be a geek if you didn't know what RAID was!

altho i allso have $hite sound (SB Vibra 128) wow! and stupid Deawoo 15" mon, which is half blury. but still... I love my Dual mon' setup, resolution of 2048 * 768... and sitll no DVD drive.
Old 20-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Random like a True Zero!

lol i want a dual mon setup
i have a spare mon and a spar pci graf card
Old 20-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Lord_Elad

Yeah, well insert your old Pci video card, and attach mon, and go into the Bios and tell it to boot from the PCI device first. then in windows go into the desktop prop's - settings, and then enable the other monitor by a little click box down the bottom, allso make you AGP device's monitor your primary monitor, that way you dont load your games on your shit PCI thingy.... thats if you decide to do it, if you do, tell me and i'll give you some Tips and tricks to make it look nice!
Old 20-07-2003, 09:02 PM
SilverScope
yes

im 17, but i have alot of other things to pay for rather than spending it on upgrading my pc, but i shall be getting a new one in less than a year.
Old 20-07-2003, 09:04 PM

i thought u jsut got yours a few months back ss ??
well, my computer is also shared with my bro, so dun think i cna come to lanage :<
Old 20-07-2003, 09:10 PM
SilverScope
yes

got it almost 8 months ago i think.
Old 20-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Lord_Elad

Instinct - that sux, errr, bring your bro along!

SS - im going to see if i can make it a Bi-yearly event.... thats if this one gose down well.....
Old 20-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Gone Skiing
yes

8 months isnt all that long ago SS, i'm sure your computer is still fine...
Though from your screenshots, you really need a mediocure (atleast) 3d card.
Old 20-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Lord_Elad

SS, if you plan on buying a new Grapics Card, go here: http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/ it's one of the best places I know about... And it has free shipping! or you could go here for the absolute lowest prices: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=7&t=153 it's an Atomic Video Card Price watch thread, and if you are interested there is an Atomic CPU Pricewatch at http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=6&t=1453
Old 21-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

/Rem looks at his main PC, a PIII 866, and he smiles

I won't be coming to a LAN - I don't have that much time these days... maybe next year I might be able to again, but we'll have to see how much time I get once I'm married and settled down again

I will definitely come to a BBQ or something like that tho - u bet! And I'd be happy to drive ppl around to get there - just don't make it in August
Old 21-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Lord_Elad

Lol! ok rem, well if i do, could i get a show of hands of those who think the'll be able to come to either the BBQ or Lan? i allso would like their email addy so i ask some gerneral questions... if you guys dont mind!

I'll allso send emails to all the inactive Zero's and past zero's... because the more people we have the more fun it will be!!

errm, so far it looks like the BBQ is on... but i'll need some help with providing the meat and so forth...

Rem - What do you think about making it Bi-Yearly?! i would allso like other opinions on that aswell! ***mental note, Make it in august*** and me needs to talk to your wife, i'll convince her to let you go to the lan i'll make her an offer she cant refuse!

***slaps myself*** Soz rem! I have been watching to much of those godfathers...
Old 21-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Random like a True Zero!

ya i think i will only prob is my mon and my pci is from an old 100 mhz HAHAHAHAHAHA so i wonder if it would be worth doing or not
Old 21-07-2003, 04:17 PM
SilverScope
yes

hey rem, whers my invite ? havent got it yet ?
Old 21-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Lord_Elad

SS - It's at my place dude, 'my hole' *cough* coldstream!ROFLMAO!

anyways, all Zero's and ex-Zero's are expected to come... and we might let a few other people in like, erm... Mr.Nevyn? dont start thinking that your coming SS , Nah dude, your cool, I just have to get the 'ok' by the other zero's, ***looks at tag, under his name*** but im sure it'll be fine... so... Come allong!!!

~~~starts dreaming~~~

BUT! If it was up to me it would be a Hired Hall, i'd make it a public event, approx. 80 to 400 people and you'd have to play an entry fee (unless if your a VIP of one of the following... zero clan/ex-zero, friend of mine, friend of zero clan, sponor, or Atomic staff) VIP's would be in a different room than the regulars, would get free drinks / food and a privert VIP sleeping quarters, and allso access to Nintedo game cube, PS2, TV's, Xbox. Allso we would get sponsers from numerouse companys..

it would be an awsome event we would have about a total of about 30 servers, running, Q3:A, BF1942, BF1942C, UT2003, CS, Half-life, Dod, TFC, RTCW, Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast, AVP 1 + 2, Doom 1 + 2 including wolfenstein 3d, and a few other games....

It would go from friday night, to sunday night. We would have bouncers, and a stripper (Hero's mum ) for the VIP's. ROFLMAO!

we would have spare computers set up there, but regulars will be charged by per hour ( but VIP's would get 4 free hours on it before they start getting charged (but would be discounted))

all so, there would be prizes for tornaments winners...

~~~Back To Reality!~~~

Hero, It'll be cool dude, I dont use mine other than normal windows stuff.... because if you game with 2 mons you'll have a huge gap down the middle, and thats not good! allso you cant have your monitors too close, otherwise, the RF from each gives the other monitor the 'blurs' :@ AND! games running off a PCI slot?! c'mon! you'd have to be kidding!

Ahh well stuit your self, I would highly recomend it though.
Old 21-07-2003, 06:43 PM
SilverScope
yes

ahem!!

who went to the 2nd bbq

http://zero.ozclans.com/?zero=bbq2

cough
Old 21-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Lord_Elad

Well thats kool!

Are you coming then?!