Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > 101st Delta Squadron > 101st General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Manhole Cleaner
Attention! Para's Movie Review. This time, Kill Bill Vol.2

For those of you who saw the original Kill Bill (aptly titled Kill Bill Vol.1), you'd remember it as a sense-shocking movie based solely around the revenge of "The Bride" (Uma Thurman's character). You'd also remember it as a Blood-SPraying, Limb-Flying Tarantino masterpiece.

Well, if you're expecting the same with Kill Bill Vol.2, you may be a *little* disappointed.

Don't get me wrong. The movie is still violent as all hell. But, as you can imagine, it deals more with plot windup, as opposed to Sword Fighting/Kung Fu. Still, this makes it no less of a BRILLIANT movie, one that fan's of the first one will no doubt enjoy.

The movie centres around The Bride's last 3 targets. Budd, the Cowboy hat wearing dude who knows his time's up, and knows he deserves to die. Elle, the one-eyed snake-like bitch. And of course Bill, The Bride's former lover, boss, and father of her child.

You can imagine how the movie goes, so I'm not going to spoil it. Suffice to say, it's well worth however much you pay to see it.

Word of caution though. Don't see this if you've not seen the first movie. It ties *directly* into it, just like Matrix Revolutions ties directly in to Matrix Reloaded. So, hire KB Vol.1 on DVD/VHS (It's not for sale for another 3 months yet, @%*&(&$&)

I give this movie 4 1/2 out of 5.

I like birds and trees cause I'm fruity!

Last edited by Paragon101st : 24-04-2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old 24-04-2004, 06:27 PM

Definately want to see this one, I've had KB vol 1 for a while now and have watched it a couple of times, twas an excellent movie...

and when Para says it ties directly in its because you have to think of this as one movie thats four hours long (too long for just one movie says the production company) and therefore it was split into two. You really have to seen volume 1 before watching volume 2.
Old 24-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Manhole Cleaner

That's exactly why I used the Matrix Refs. Matrix Revolutions tied into Reloaded in exactly the same way.

I like birds and trees cause I'm fruity!
Old 25-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Lord of the Puns

Matrix what with the who now?

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.
Good advice from Jenna: Don't shhh a librarian.
Coffee: Innocent until proven guilty. When asked to "go for some coffee", intentions are juxtaposed and it goes from there [Pary 2004]