Home    FAQ   COU   Members List   Calendar   Search   

Go Back   Omgasl > OzClans Hosted Clans > [zero] Clan Zero > [ Zero ] General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 22-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)
Attention! Half-Life 2 is AWESOME!!!!

I started playing it on the weekend, and if you haven't got it - GET IT!!!! It is simply incredible. Best fps I've ever seen by a long way. Makes Doom3 look old and really quite ordinary.

My hardware that gives 40 fps in Doom3 gives 100+ in HL2 for the equivalent resolution and quality settings.

I can't believe how good HL2 is - I thought HL/CS/CZ were life-like, but HL2 takes it to a new level of realism! GW Valve!!!!
Old 22-11-2004, 07:14 PM

You finally got to the shops eh rem?

WTLW!

Slaide
Old 22-11-2004, 10:16 PM
yes
1337 ACA Paid Member (2008)

well everyone gets to jump around about it at least once,

and if your a leader of a clan you get to make your own thread!
Old 23-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

lol slaide - i got it in the first couple of days of the cs: source release - just after u got the silver pack, from memory - but u knew that already

fleabag - have u been playing with flea bombs again? those things will kill u ya know!!! i hereby decree u have permission to start your own thread

/Rem continuously refreshes his browser looking for a new thread to delete
Old 24-11-2004, 12:45 PM

So - Are we going to be playing HL2 in the next clan night
Old 27-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Zero Member (eeek!)

the multiplayer for HL2 is cs:source - and i'm happy to play it if we get enuff ppl to fill up my server without bots - it doesn't support bots yet, and playing with only a few ppl becomes campy and boring quickly.... as soon as it does support bots then i'm all for it!!! until then i like cz

BTW, i've spent hours scouring the net for cracks/hacks/patches/anything that can make bots work in windows for cs source - and nothing! there is for linux tho, but not windows
Old 22-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Location: In a giant shoe, with 9 other children, and an old [crippled] lady.

Rem - http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=v...e=news&ID=3346
On your choice P2P look up "Counter-Strike: Source" and look for the huge ass CD image thats from the group "LuZiFeR", I have found it on Emule, so you should have no troubles. After you download it. Burn it twice, then send the second CD to Me
Old 24-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

i don't have emule, and have been trawling the net and searching for everything i can think of on kazaa lite and can't find anything!

the real cs: source has another update out right now, so I'll see if this one supports bots (we're up to version 21 of the shared content and STILL no bots!!!)

if this version still doesn't support bots, then if you can find me a url where I can get a patch/crack for the dedicated server I can load it up..... but u don't need this tho do u cos u bought HL2 (but if u really need it and can get me a working url, I'll definitely burn u a copy and even home deliver it! - or drop it to u at your macca's )
Old 24-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

oh, btw that thread u posted is too massive and seems full of baloney, so I didn't get anything really useful off it... i need crack/patch to get bots working on the dedicated server version for windows
Old 25-12-2004, 02:33 AM

The page was just a refference.
A group named "LuZiFeR" has hacked and cracked and modded their own (complete) working version of CS:S / HL2. Lot's of the big files such as... the *.GCF files that hold pretty much the entire game have needed to be modded and hacked inorder it enable bots...

/rem says: Yeah, but still, if that's the case why can't someone just make a patch?
Simple: Because steam's fequent update.

dont look past here if you are satisfied with the answer above

Evidence's Rant: Because dear lyzer, there's a hole in the bucket. If you take a look at the *.GCF files at every steam update they always change in size. which is also true for other files. I could go into depth here, but i wont. When the programers crack the files they need to crack, they view and work with the raw data, such as Assembly, Hex, OctHex, or even binary. With any type of programing requires programming lines, in which you have a command, fuction, or chunks of data per line. And in your run-of-the-mill patch what they do is look for certain data lines(lets take line 42), and change it, simple! but what happeneds if you update the program, and the guys on the other end just fixed a now bug that now code has a extra 30 lines, in which 10 lines were added at the start. now the line that needs to be fixed is at 52, but the patch still fixes line 42, now you have Counter-Strike: F**CKED. There are "smart patches" that work on searching for a string of data such as, "49 20 61 6D 20 62 6C 61 62 62 65 72 69 6E 67 20 6F 6E" in hex. And replace it with "44 61 6C 65 20 69 73 20 67 6F 64" this does work for a few versions, untill the programmer get's smart and relise this "smart patch" and fixes it by changing the code being searched for into something slightly different, like "49 27 6D 20 62 6C 61 62 62 65 72 69 6E 67 20 6F 6E" it still does the same thing, just the code is slightly different. So the smart patch doesn't work anymore. If a smart patch is made for adding bot's to CS:S then word is going to spread like a fart in the wind. Steam will find out before we do. And they will fix it, and fast, otherwise! if you dont download their updates then you cant play the game.

Steam is the reason why these groups had to release their own version of the game, so that when you update, the group makes sure that their code isn't touched by steam

...and thats why bot's wont be avaliable untill steam decides it will implement it.
Old 28-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

yep, believe it or not that all makes sense (i expected it to be the case anyway), but i figured that someone would have made a non-steam updating bot enabled hacked version of the hlds for windows that i could download somewhere

or better still - that valve would have enabled bots by now!!! remember they released a version of hl or cs: source some weeks ago that they said would have some "suprise for the gaming community" in it - well I saw nothing special in it at all!!!! I figured that may finally have been the bot enabled version, but no
Old 28-12-2004, 11:20 PM

*note time writen in last post
Old 29-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Zero Member (eeek!)

i can't understand anyone making a post after midnight
Old 31-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Default New computer, connection but no hl2

I tried to buy half life 2 today but EB was sold out.. they had an entire wall of display boxes so I thought i had a pretty good chance.. yet they had no available copies grrrrrrrrrrr... anyhow I got my new comp the other day and have updated cs and cz (updating cz again after deleting steam content because of errors) and have unwired internet now because i cant get adsl/cable in my area so i will have a semi-decent ping now... p.s are we playing today (NYE) i hope we are!
Old 31-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

lol cure! Kmart has it for $74.95, and lots of other places should have it cheap now too

i won't be playing tonight cos i'll be celebrating new years eve, but i'll still stick the server up at some stage
Old 03-01-2005, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [zero]Remorse
. . . but i'll still stick the server up at some stage

That's gotta hurt
Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Zero Member (eeek!)

but i still managed to get it up

played from 2am to 4 or 4:30am or something - and was fun!
Old 20-01-2005, 09:35 PM

HOLY CRAP REM! - YOU'RE ALMOST AS GOOD AS ME!
Old 26-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Zero Member (eeek!)

almost